Being Zambia’s Top Website and Email Hosting company means we have to work extra hard to ensure the security of thousands of our clients accounts. We are excited to announce the introduction of Two-Factor Authentication.
Two-Factor Authentication adds a layer of security by adding a second step to the login process. It takes something you know (for example, your password) and adds a second factor, typically something you have (such as your phone). Since you require both to log in, this decreases the threat of a leaked password.
This is not enabled by default. You will have to enable this from your clientarea.
The following steps demonstrate how Client Users can set up Two-Factor Authentication on their accounts using the Time Based Tokens service:
- From the Client Area, navigate to Hello, Name! > Security Settings.
- Click on the Click here to Enable button.
- Select the Time Based Tokens service.
- Click on the Get Started button.
- Scan the QR code with an authenticator app, such as Google Authenticator or Duo Mobile.
- Enter in the 6-digit code that the authenticator app generates.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Record the Backup Code in a safe place.
- Click the Close button.